Saturday, September 1, 2012

This is kind of cool actually - it's 7:46pm I'm at home getting ready
for the drag show I'm in tonight at the Townhouse in St Paul.  Barbara
called my musician partner, and we'll probably be on for our first set
around 10:30 -we have two six-minute sets,  right now I've got my
corset, hip pads, spanx figure control girdles, two pairs of panty
hose, a filled c-sized padded bra on, and  I've started to apply my
fish makeup (I don't have Drag makeup yet) I've got on concealer,
and a heavy layer of foundation, some blush, and a four-shade of
green eye shadow on.  I stopped to do my nails, and while my nails
are drying I'm writing this blog -then I'm going to apply a black eyeliner,
and mascara, lipstick, and put on my brunette wig, black dress and silver
sandals, grab my harmonicas, mic, amp and purse and go to my truck
drive to St Paul and relax and have a beer before the show starts
at 9:30

it's 7:57 in the city of Minneapolis, a city that never sleeps, my name is
Stacy, Stacy Wilderness, I'm a drag queen........

Actually Barbara heard us last week and asked if we wanted to be in the show,
and of course I jumped at the chance, but I'm still pretty new to all this drag stuff
and I do have to get ready.......

Update: the gig went really well, we did two six minute sets and the performance
went well -it was just me and a guitar playing/singing friend of mine and
I think a lot of people were surprised by how good we were, but tip wise
it wasn't very good - but it's the first time and Barbara said she wanted
us back (not sure if she meant ASAP or  sometime in the next few months,
but it was fun and we played very well)   there were a lot of friendly people
during the show -and it  really  brought home how important it is to be around
friendly, respectful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment