Monday, September 3, 2012


General Phone Photo silliness -that's a picture of a flashlight holder that my group
made in school -it's just supposed to give us familiarity with hand tools - we spent
a couple hours on it and I mean for three people who don't work with hand tools
and stuff we did OK, I think.


That's a picture of the Root Beer I had with my sandwich at Denny's the other day.
Like I said back in October I went to Denny's with a transwoman friend and was
amazed that she could just walk in sit down chat with the waitress, order a meal
all that like it was no big deal - well here I'm sitting down for an early dinner, reading
a textbook while I wait for the meal I've ordered -it's no big deal really
(I had on a really pretty black skirt and silver top)


While I was waiting for the job fair the other day I stopped at a park and took this
picture of the same black skirt and my legs - I really do have nice looking legs,
and this is the best view to see that, if you ask me. I always feel much more confidant
in a skirt and this is one of the reasons why


Like a lot of trans people I really don't like the way I look -it is so very masculine,
but I was born a man and did every thing I could to look and act like a man for 52 
years,, and surprise I look and act like a guy and I'm going to look and act like a guy 
in a lot of ways for a long time -keeping a smile on your face really does make you
look a lot better, even if you still look like a guy, and least you look like a fun person


that's a quirky little smile and very little makeup by that time of the day 


My band played at this park a couple months ago, right at this spot, I was in boy mode
on that day and the band still hadn't seen me in a dress, but they would get their chance
when I got us a gig to play Pride, and I showed up wearing a black dress (they knew I
would be dressing up)



These are two of my earliest photos back in October when I was first dressing up and
going out in public -I had previously lost 50 pounds but between when these pictures
where taken and the latest photos I've lost about 8 pounds and am about a year older,
so any changes are just from being under a lot less stress and feeling better about
myself, and knowing a litlle bit more about using makeup - from here on out, that's
going to be different because now some of the changes are going to be from the hormones
I've started on.

I decided to schedule a visit with my psychiatrist in the next week or two to talk about
some of the emotional changes one experiences going on hormones because it really does
start changing the way one thinks and I'm trying to get a little better handle on what me
thinking more like a woman really means -I'm not saying it's bad, but it is different.

Update -so I spent Labor Day with my parents at the Laughing Waters Bluegrass festival,
which went well other than I have to dress like a boy, and the Minnehaha Falls
are really mini right now -the falls are just a trickle, but the music was good , then
I went over to a musicians house and met some musician friends and as will happen
after eating a very good chicken meal we sat around in the living room and jammed,
so  it was a good day -Sunday I spent a lot of time with my dog and I should give her
more attention, so I was kind of making up for that, Saturday was my first musical drag 
performance at the Townhouse, so that was an amazing achievement in a way so all in 
all it was a really good weekend and if I hadn't had to delete someones name from 
contact list for being a (well I won't say the word) one too many times, and  my not
studying for my test Tuesday morning and I'm sorry but it's too late now, but otherwise
it was a really good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment