Wednesday, September 12, 2012




that's not the skirt I wore today or the wig, but it is the skirt I may wear
Saturday when I go out to support a friend in a drag talent contest.
But before that comes Friday and I will be in a skirt when I go to the play,
tomorrow I'm going to wear girls pants, but today I wore my jeans skirt,
and like I've said before, for whatever reason, my days seem to go better
when I wear a skirt.  Today is a good example of that -it was just a good day.

I started the day flying my light weight RC model airplane and I was flying it
in a tennis court and it's very light weight and flies very slow and as I'm flying
it a hawk swoops down and flies just over it.  I land the plane take off again and
again the hawk swoops down just a half foot or so over the plane, now at this
point I start thinking it would be pretty cool to watch if the hawk swooped down
ad grabbed the plane with its talons - it would destroy the plane, but it would
be pretty cool to watch - so I flew it around a bit more but the battery power
was drained so I wound up landing the plane and going to class.

Class today was actually kind of fun and I was joking around a lot with one of
the guys and some of the jokes weren't all together clean, so I wont repeat
them, but it was kind of fun.  I did vacuuming for the on-the-job training, and
I like vacuuming, and in a skirt it's an OK job.

After that I walked around a local lake and a couple people smiled at me and
said hi and stuff  -it was a nice night for a walk but I was killing time before
the bluegrass event  at my church -which is a fund raiser for the defeat the marriage
amendment in MN.  I snuck into this (suggested donation $10.00, but I did sign up
to do the phone bank one day a week when I get out of classes - so I didn't
exactly get out for free)

so the first group for the Vote no event was the "Prairie Fire Ladies Choir"
which was an all female acapella group who made the point of accepting
anyone who identified as a lady who could sing - I thought that was a pretty
cool concept and if my singing voice I might even try out in the Spring

The next group was Pocahontas Country which was pretty traditional
Bluegrass group -they were pretty good, but they were followed by
The Roe Family Singers who really opened very strongly -
the full line up was bass, mandolin, autoharp/female lead guitar/banjo/male lead,
fiddle, guitar, saw, jug and clogger - the clogger was excellent of a couple
of the songs -the lead of with Jackson (I'm going to Jackson.....) and old
Johnny Cash song I believe and did several really good songs, but as it
got to 9:30 I acted like any good Minnesotan and said well I better get
home before 10 so I can be in bed by 11, so with two minutes remaining,
before 11pm, goodnight John Boy.......


No comments:

Post a Comment