Thursday, September 20, 2012



I left class early to be at my interview at 5pm.  I arrived about
15 minutes early and 10 minutes before 5, I got out of my truck, with my purple
leather coat on , my purse on my shoulder and a folder of resumes, and walked
into the apartment office walked up to a woman and asked to see S----
(I won't name anyone or the Apartment complex -which is standard practice in this blog)
the lady said "I'm S-----" so I identified myself and said I was here for the interview
for the maintenance position, quickly she explained that the interview was yesterday
at 5 o'clock and that since I'd missed it she had all ready reviewed the candidates
and was doing background checks on them, but that I could fill out an application,
in case the background checks came back bad, I said I could do that and asked that
since I was here and that a mistake had been made and I was keeping the interview
time I had agreed to if we could do an interview, but she didn't -so I sat in a large
conference room at a table and filled out a job application, I then left the application
with her, along with a resume, and quickly reviewed some of my qualifications, including
the Certified Pool Operator, Special Boilers License, HVAC -Residential diploma,
Building maintenance and custodial training, and asked her to contact me if she
something fell through and she needed to fill the position, and I think I did impress
her because I wss smiling and friendly and obviously had excellent qualification
(if you could get past the obvious fact that I was wearing a skirt -I would be the
ideal person for the job) -so I think I salvaged it as well as I could, and left
her with the impression that I was a serious, intelligent person who would have
been able to do the job, and that's that - I need to go create a second interview now
at another place -it;ll happen

so OK - did I mess up and go on Thursday instead of Wednesday? n I wrote it down
at the time -Wednesday was group and afterwards karoake with my friend -there was no
way I could have arranged for Wednesday, and like I said I wrote it down confirmed it
on the phone - I went on Thursday as I arranged and showed up a bit before 5pm

did she write down Wed? possibly there's really no evidence that when she saw a man
in a dress walk in her office that she suddenly made up a story and blamed me for
missing the appointment - but it is possible -certainly if you've all ready offered the
job to someone or have narrowed it down to two people it doesn't make any sense
for me to fill out an application (unless she hadn't done the selection yet or the apartments
have a high turnover of employees  ) I filled out the application to try and salvage something
out of the trip, but I really don't expect anything to come of that effort -  but I did make
a good elevator speech of my qualification, and because I was looking her in the eye,
I could tell she was impressed with my qualifications, and we did shake hands as I left.

So looking  for a job as a woman is not going to be easy, but I thought I looked pretty
good and some other people said so - that I looked good in a professional way
with the black skirt, purple velvet top and black pumps

Tomorrow is my last day of class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment