Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I left class early to go to the clinic to get some blood drawn for some tests, and
that went a lot quicker than I thought possible  -so I'd worn my purplish abstract
pattern pencil skirt, dark purple velvet top and grey pumps with the buttons,
because I knew I'd be getting out of class early and so I could dress girly for
a change, and in one of those fortuitous moments there was a guest speaker
who was a recruiter with one of the railroads -and her own personal story
was about being a seriously overweight woman whop turned her life around,
and I thought that was kind of inspiring and seeing a woman get up and speak
before a group and be confidant and natural was kind of an encouraging
start for the morning, in the middle of her talk she'd mentioned that she didn't
care if a person was transgendered  (as an example) if they could do the job, and
she also mentioned how her company was looking for women engineers, because
as much as I'm  bouncing back and forth between boy and girl lately in a few months
or maybe half a year I'll be petitioning the court to change my gender status to female,
and so I could be one of those female engineers that are so hard to find - and I am
a very good engineer.  I think I joked about it once with my psychiatrist and was
told that that was one reason they'd turn you down - trying to use your gender change
for an unfair advantage or something, but there was a recent ad for an engineering position
I thought I'd apply for jut for fun -I'm well qualified and actually interviewed for the exact
same position a couple years ago and probably the  person they hired didn't work out -
anyways I was thinking the trans thing was a huge disadvantage, but as a future
female engineer that might be an advantage (I can picture coming to work,
on Monday, and the boss asking so Stacy are you a  woman yet,no well get on it,
we need you to be a woman.....how's that for being a loyal employee)

anyways so I'm going to apply for that job on-line and a couple janitorial type
jobs and see if I can get any interviews out of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment