Saturday, September 29, 2012


I can't sleep - my hormone prescription run outs today until the insurance
issue is settled and hopefully that's early this upcoming week, and I am
setting up an interview with a recruiter for a position -we're going to have
a face to face interview, so I have to decide when I'm on the phone with
her whether to tell her I'm wearing a skirt to the interview or whether to just
show up and let her see this when I get there.  I've pretty much decided to show
up and if she wants to talk about clothes, well that's OK but it's not very relevant
to the job and the job is what I want to talk about.

anyways - I was in drab yesterday and in drab today - but I'll be dressed up for
church on Sunday -today I'm going to a Sat morning jam then I have a paying
gig tonight- yeah.

yesterday I did the annual fall colors trip with my parents which is literally
a family tradition, and as it is a family tradition it must be performed exactly
as described, in the exact sequence as described and as such I wanted to
document it for my own memory (NB -technically it should take place on the
weekend closest to Oct 15th which in our tradition is always the peak of fall
colors, but I am hoping to be working by then so we went a couple weeks
early)
So the first step is to take my mom and dad and the dog and drive a little
over an hour to St Croix Falls and take the paddle boat tour (the paddle boat
allows leashed dogs) -because of low water in the river the tour is 45 minutes
now but normally it is 90 minutes and here are some pictures off my phone:


net on the agenda is to pull out of Interchange park and make a wrong turn then turn
around and go the other way and head over the river to Wisconsin and drive
down to a park overlooking a hydroelectric dam on the St Croix river:


 Next is to drive a bit further down the river to a landing that is totally out of the way and
really in the middle of nowhere - but years ago my father would take our last dog here and let
her run around and take a long hike -now of course he's in a wheel chair and Casey passed
away about 6 years ago, and he can't get very far in the wheelchair on a rough trail, but
it's tradition, and it's kind of a nice tradition even if  now it's just pulling into a parking lot
in the middle of nowhere and making a brief stop there -it's called Spangler's Landing:



Finally we stop at the St Croix Dairy Queen drive thru get large Snicker's blizzards,
and a vanilla puppy cup for the dog, and eat the Blizzard on the drive home

6 or 7 hours later I'm home and just too tired to get all dolled up and go out, so I called
it a day.

Like I said it's tradition -the last three years were exactly the same and hopefully the
next few years will be exactly the same








No comments:

Post a Comment