Wednesday, September 26, 2012




that's me about two years ago and that's me now -I just got a message from
the pharmacy that they are denying my prescription for the hormones.
The insurance is not willing to pay for it because the dosage was changed
by the doctor. I started on hormones a couple months ago and it's like f*#k
what do I do now, with out the prescription?
They're going to call my doctor - but I don't know what's going on,
I mean initially, I was supposed to go on a low dosage to see that I could handle
the medicine before increasing it -now the insurance is denying the increased
dosage the doctor recommends and f*#k! - the low dosage isn't going to do anything
so there's no point staying on the low dosage.

To top it off , rather than calling my cell phone they called my parents
phone number (I guess because it's listed as an emergency contact) but
f*#k - I told my mom several months ago that I would be going on hormones,
but I didn't tell her when I actually started, partly because I wanted to have the
option to change my mind if I didn't think it was the right thing to do when
I got into it, and partly because while she's supported me on this to some
extent it's not a 100% support and some things are my business honestly.
anyways, what an effing mess.

I got dressed up in my brown skirt, purple top, and brown ankle high
booties and drove to the church for a Wednesday night session on Homosexuality
in the Bible which was interesting and I was in a good mood until I got
hit with this - f*#k! nothing I can do about it tonight.

Update - I haven't heard anything back yet on the prescription, but I do have
an interview scheduled for Tuesday and the pay is really good - this will be
my 2nd interview where I am showing up in a skirt and the 2nd time I'm not
telling them I'm showing up in a skirt - and why should I? I don't mention
how tall I am or how my nose is too big or I weigh too much or that I'm thinning
out on top or stuff like that -it's got nothing to do with doing my job and neither
does my wearing a skirt - besides in another interview or two I'm going to start
believing my own spiel that it really doesn't matter if I wear a skirt to the interview
if I'm the best person to do the job -and I why shouldn't I believe it? it's true.
I'm in guy mode today and I'm going to go ahead and finish off the day this
way (I know -yuck) and tomorrow I'm going with my mom and dad
of a scenic drive and boat tour for the fall colors - but by friday night, I may
be just dying to put on something pretty and hit the bars before my gig (in
guy mode) on Saturday and of course I dress up for church on Sunday
(I just typo'd Sunday as Sinday, hmmmm there's a thought...)

Friday morning update - I still haven't heard anything on the insurance for
the prescription -  nothing at all - which totally sucks but all I can
do is wait -anyways, I'm going on-line for a couple hours to do some
job hunting, but I did a gag caption which I might explain why I did this
someday (the back story is better than the caption) but anyways it's
the Maytag repairman in a Romney for President office in Minnesota:


2 comments:

  1. Actually, the low dose will be fine and you should keep taking it to acclimate your body whether or not you think it is making a difference because it all takes time anyway even if it the larger dose. If you don't and suddenly surprise your body with the larger dose, the chances of causing adverse reactions are increased, considering other factors of cholesterol, blood pressure and weight. It won't take but one to three days for the insurance company to get authorization from your dr. This happens all the time in the pharmacy world. I know, I work there.

    Trust me you will be fine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, obviously the lower dose is better than
      nothing and I just have to let them sort it out,
      and find out where I'm at - I can't imagine they'd
      deny me all together when the doctor recommends going
      to the higher dosage - I just have to
      practice patience right now

      Delete