Friday, September 14, 2012



the top picture is my new wig, the bottom picture is my very light weight -very
slow flying  RC plane - the one that the hawk swooped over and the same
one I was landing in my hand yesterday - I didn't get to fly it today even though
the winds were calm because I took too long to get ready for school today -

after school I was going to the Naked I performance at William Mitchell
college of law (it was a free performance of an amazing trans-themed play -but I
confess I have a few friends in the performance, and don't pretend to be unbiased
about how superb they all are)  - anyways I was supposed to meet a friend who
is a guy on a "datish" outing -not really a date, but sort of "datish" -and then afterwards
there was a possibility I would perform a gig with my 2 piece group (me and
a guitar player/singer) -well the potential gig never materialized but I had to bring
my amp and mic's and clothing to dress like a guy after the play -so that took
a while,  then there was the skirt and sweater and shoes I was going to change into
after class and that was all loaded up into my tuck then there was the corset and
hip pads and makeup I was thinking of wearing - then as I got ready for classes I
decided to wear a skirt and blouse and heels and that took a while (I wore a black
pencil skirt, black sandals with 3" heels, a deep purple velvet blouse -it's a very
cute outfit and in the end that's what I wore to the performance). then I went off to
school and was almost running late by this time -but I did have
time to stop at the coffee shop and buy a cup and still make it on time.  School was
OK and I signed out early at 3:30 to make the 6pm play on-time -now by this time
I found out that the potential gig never materialized, and when I got to the law school
I got a message that the guy I was going to meet there couldn't be there -so I sent him
that picture of me -but I met a trans-woman friend of mine and her date (she is competing
tomorrow in a talent contest in St Paul and Im going out Saturday to cheer her on) -so
I didn't have to sit alone (yeah!) and at one point I was getting pretty emotional and she
ran her hand along my arm to comfort me and that was nice - but it wasn't like I was
crying or anything -I'm not that far gone -I was just a little moved by the acting
But the play was really good and afterwards there was a question and answer session
and my friend left with her date and I was walking down the hallway to my truck and in a
stairwell and I get to talking to this guy and he says I look nice and stuff and we're
talking for a bit and he's an alumni and I went to William Mitchell
for a year (which I describe as the worst year in my life -of course I was working 50 hrs+
per week as a Project Engineer and going to law school at night and living in a houseboat
on the Mississippi in S. St Paul in the middle of winter -so it wasn't easy)
anyways I'm sure you see where this is going it was a very long day and I was too tired
to go out for coffee with him, so I gave him my number, and we'll see if he ever calls
and then I drove home and I really am pretty tired now.

No comments:

Post a Comment