Sunday, July 1, 2012



I wore a really pretty teal skirt and jacket with white trim and a purple floral
print top under it and then greyish/greenish platform wedges to church.
It was a really nice outfit - but I wore it for no good reason, then I
bumped into a couple friends outside the church - one of whom this was
her first time at church - so I was happy about that, and I don't think she
was terribly impressed honestly, but a lot of good things have been
happening for her lately and hopefully she'll make a connection between the
good things that are happening and the fact that she's getting out and making
friends  who are helping her and she's doing positive things like going to
church and OK it sounds idiotic - but going to a GLBT church is a good
habit to get into.  I started going to church because I was too isolated,
and I'm still not the greatest believer in the world but I am a lot less isolated 
and a little bit more open to religion.   So I saw some friends at
church, then went over to the Arboretum and walked around in my
very pretty teal dress suit and walked through the gardens and the maze
and it was all very gay but I had fun -now I'm back in guy mode and going
over to see my father at the managed care center for a bit.


I put my last dollar (well until I sell something and not counting the change
in the change jar) in the offering plate today - so that's got to count for
something coming from a heathen like me.


So for my one week where I didn't have to dress up (because I have a 
one week break in between classes) I dressed up on Friday (for court)
Saturday (for Pride) Sunday (to play with my band at Pride) Monday
(to take the test) Thursday (for court) Sunday (for church) -of course if 
I had any money I would have dressed up and gone out - but it's kind of
an odd observation -I don't have to dress up at all for a week and I end 
dressing up about half the time anyways =this is kind of a good balance
for me right now - half the time as a guy half the time as a girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment