Wednesday, July 25, 2012


flats, pumps, flats, pumps -that the shorthand description of my day.
I had the day off from classes and a 5:30 appointment scheduled with
the psychologist so I decided to wear my black dress and pumps for that,
but I brought along my flats and started the day by taking the dog for a
walk at a local off-leash dog park where she ran into the river and cooled
off and wasn't all that eager to leave -but  eventually I coaxed her out
of the river and took her home and dropped her off then I put on the pumps
and drove to a downtown Minneapolis clothes closet.  I picked up about
4 skirts a couple tops and two pairs of pants - so hopefully I have enough girls
clothes for the next two months.  Anyways I went to the Art Museum next
and walked around in my pumps for a couple hours then I went over to Minnehaha
Falls and changed into my flats and walked around and took some pictures
(I'll post them tomorrow) then I went over to the coffee house, put on my pumps
again and had a cup of coffee with my last $2.00 -I read a NY Times article
on Christopher Street (It's a horribly shallow piece on trans people out on a
street corner in NY City ) I read some textbook stuff on MSDS sheets,
then drove over to my psychiatrists, still in my pumps.  I had him update
my "letter" to reflect my attending school presenting as a woman, and
filled out so forms to allow my doctor next week ( to start on hormones)
to talk to my psychiatrist (if she wants to, I gave the authorization that they
could talk to each other about me)  -so hopefully that will expidite things
when I go in for the preliminary tests on the 31st (which is next week -
Oh my God) after that I drove over to group -and was very late bur they
were haing a presentation on HIV and the last 15 minutes of it seemed
interesting (like I said, I was very late) I stayed for the once a month
karoke  and actually got up to sing on the Glee version of the song
:Lean on Me, and got a 57% accuracy - which isn't spectacular,
but there was a barbeque with burgers and chips and salads so
I ate quite a bit, chatted some, sang a karoke song,and headed
home about 12 hours after I first left the house today - so it was
an OK day and like I say flats, pumps, flats, pumps.

No comments:

Post a Comment