Friday, July 6, 2012


Considering that I was wearing a really cute teal skirt and matching jacket
it was an amazingly frustrating day.  The jacket has white trim and buttons 
Under it I wore a purple floral pattern top. I also wore some greyish platform
open toed wedges - it's a very cute outfit and I did get several 
positive comments so I should have had a fun day but it didn't quite work out 
that way)


What happened is that I formed into a group with the guy next to me - who is 
a very smart  but out-of-work (married -sigh)  man who has a bit of an
African accent but has obviously lived in the Twin Cities a long time and
is knowledgeable of the area.  The other member of our group was a guy
who didn't want to join our group and here I have to be honest - I am
wearing a dress to class, and if someone doesn't want to sit with me - 
I'm really not going to force the issue - I'm totally cool with you don't want to 
sit with me and join in my group fine, no problem - but the teacher
recognized that the group I was in would be the most patient and willing
to help others group (the trans person and the guy who's accepting of trans 
people) and we're also both college educated and so I'm not saying smarter
but more able to learn stuff from books -so anyways we're the "quickest" group 
by far and the most patient and  the teacher kind of coaxed the other student
to join our group -even though he really didn't want to - and I don't think he didn't
want to join our group because I was trans - I think he didn't want to join our group
or any other group period, and my being trans was just icing on the cake.  But
at no point did he do anything specific because of who I was, he ignored me a lot,
just as he ignored the other guy a lot just as he would ignore anybody else a lot,
you get the picture.  So me and the other guy spent a long day talking him through
a practice quiz section and it was frustrating.


At lunch I went outside and sat on a bench and played my concertina and I saw him
walking in the park and watched as he walked across the grass to avoid walking
past me, and at the end of the frustrating day I saw him talking to the other girl
in the class about how he;s looking forward to seeing her on Monday (he was
just making a pint of displaying his lack of interest in me - so fine -he was frustrated
too - like I wasn't but I did my best and maybe wasn'r as patient and as feminine
acting as I should have been but I tried to help him learn the material )


anyways so there are 9 students -and me and the other female student were both in
skirts - she wore some really cute 4" heels and I wore platform wedges and the teacher
wore a green peasant skirt and a loose white print top (she's tall and skinny and pretty
so anything she wears will look good).  The guys dress like guys - boring, but us girls
have a good fashion contest going - I might have to wear skirts and  heels every day
now just to remain fashionable in this class :)


I set up an appointment in a couple weeks to see my psychiatrist -and this is going to
be right before I go in for the testing for hormones - so obviously I want to talk a bit
about why I would and wouldn't do that and some of the factors as he sees it and
all that -I just want to talk a bit before I go in for the tests and then see the Ob-Gyn
get the results and then think some more - it's like watching grass grow -come back in
three weeks and I'll still be doing the "To take or not take hormones that is the question"
soliloquy


I'm back dressed as a guy to go over and see my father.
I have a gig at a farmers market tomorrow (dressed as a guy - a non-paying gig of course)
Update - we actually made some money from tips -split in two I took $11 -yeah!)
I have a gig next Friday at a coffee shop in Minneapolis (as a guy -non- paying gig,
but I just got the confirmation today)
I'll dress up for church on Sunday and then for classes again all next week (and
on through until September 21st)

No comments:

Post a Comment