Tuesday, July 10, 2012



I was sitting at a picnic table on lunch  break playing my concertina
and a guy came up to me and started chatting about accordions
and stuff - so that was nice - he's another student, but in the manufacturing
class, so I'd never met him before - it was a really nice lunch break -
we didn't talk about class or about me being in a skirt or any of the usual
nonsense - I was playing a concertina, he's repaired accordions and is
interested in accordions and concertinas and music and so that's what
we talked about -a mutual interest -  it was really a nice conversation.

Class itself was OK but we watched a 90 minute video on how to perform
an energy inspection of a house and well let's just say that as movies go
-the romantic element was kind of lacking -but I did learn some stuff and
we did pair off in groups a little so it was an OK day

I was thinking that after class I would drop off a CD of my Pride performance
at a gay bar called Patrick's Cabaret - which is on the way home - so I wore
something kind of nice -a dark brown skirt, deep purple top  and ankle high
brown boots with 4"heels, but on the drive home I chickened out - I've never
actually been in the bar  -so that's why I got nervous - I've only been in about
one gay bar in the last two months I think, and that was on a Sunday afternoon
-gay bars can be kind of weird places for trans people -we really don't belong there-
Anyways I'll go on-line and see if I can just email them the audio clips and
some pictures-  I'm not pitching a drag act - I'm a legitimate Blues performer
who will perform dressed as a woman - but the music is the act not my drag
skills, so it's a long shot

well it's time to strip, remove the make-up and finish up the rest of my day
as  a guy again -  oy vey!

No comments:

Post a Comment