Tuesday, July 3, 2012





I got totally out-girlied today.  I wore girls blue-jeans with the fancy tush stitching,
some black boots with 2-1/2" heels and a purplish top with a geometric pattern -
so it was a little bit more feminine that what I wore yesterday but I didn't want to
look like I was trying too hard to look effeminate (of course I wear a wig and full
make-up, carry a purse, use the Women's restroom and am referred to as she,
so I'm not really "one-of-the-boys" any more) the other female student
wore a nice and very distinctive outfit and the teacher wore a very bright magenta
peasant skirt, a zebra print top with a belt around the waist and very cute black
sandals with 3" heels - yeah - she walks in the door and I'm thinking
"Oh I want to play dress up too!" and me dressed all practical like
 -I was so jealous, it almost hurt,.

So I'm publicly apologizing for dressing too conservatively for class.
Thurdsay I'll be in a skirt and heels (of course on the job in building
maintenance I will have to wear pants or capris)

Class itself was pretty interesting and we learned about the LEEDS program
and some of what is involved in the design and certification of high effiiciency
"green" buildings. Honestly, it was interesting and we formed into groups
and I was in a group with a couple guys and were were chatting
and stuff and that was fun - at lunch I sat with the other female student and 
played a couple songs on my dulcimer.  So it was a good day, other than getting 
totally out-girlied on the fashion front.

here's a Wikipedia link  on the LEEDS certification if you're interested in what
I'm actually learning in class when I'm not thinking about fashion or
chatting with guys :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leadership_in_Energy_and_Environmental_Design

I couldn't find any useful link on being out-girlied in class by the teacher.
like I said, Thursday I'll be in a skirt and heels - I'm not giving up without a fight.

PS -I added links to T-Central which is a very good site for finding
blogs by trans people and a blog called Deni in a Dress written by
someone I know  and she is frequently mistaken for me and I am frequently
mistaken for her - so I figure I better keep tabs on her and make sure
she doesn't get me in trouble ( actually it's a spiritual/philosophical
oriented blog -but we do get mistaken for each other all the time)

No comments:

Post a Comment