Wednesday, August 29, 2012


The job fair went really well - I wore my black skirt, silver top with a light
black jacket with silver trim and shiny black pumps.  I dropped off 4 resumes
and I gave a woman my phone number :) -Seriously, she was very nice,
obviously and we got to talking and then we headed off to talk to different
recruiters and then bumped into each other again and talked a bit, and
I'd kind of decided that if I bumped into her again I'd give her my phone number,
so I did - which is sort of amazing -seriously -I don't go around to job fairs to
pick up women -OK I guess I can't say I never have done such a thing,
 having just admitted I just did such a thing, but she seemed nice and I wanted
 to talk to her some more and we shared some similar interests and she might
catch my performance at the Townhouse this Saturday, and I gave her my phone
number and hopefully, she'll call sometime - oh, did I mention I talked to four recruiters
about getting an interview and dropped off my resume -which was the reason I went.

Class was real short today, we got out at noon so I went to a Denny's on Lake street,
which many months ago I had lunch with a friend of mine who is transsexual, and
at the time I went as a guy and she went as herself, and I thought it was terribly
brave and heroic and amazing for a trans-person to just walk into a restaurant
sit down and order a meal (that was back in October) so today I walked into the same
Denny's sat down ordered a meal  - the meal was OK a little greasy but good, a little
pricey (just over $12.00) and the service was OK so I left a $2 tip  -this is a real boring
story - but that's the whole point -it's just not a big deal and now I'm meeting people
face-to-face to get a job, and to make new friends and hopefully meet someone special,
and that's all scary terrain, but dressing up and going out for a meal at Denny's,
that's just a place to go if I'm hungry.

I went to cash a check at TCF and because I don't have an account there they
wanted to charge me $7.00 or make me open a bank account - the check was drawn
on TCF (it was a Farmer's Market check for a gig) and it was only for $35.00,
and I ended up getting a little PO'd and was kind of rude to the teller boys and left
in a huff and I walked out thinking this has got to be the Estrogen, because I never,
ever cause a scene as a guy, not that I feel bad about causing a scene - they were
very insensitive to my situation (I don't have a bank account that's why I went to
TCF, because the business that wrote the check had a  TCF account and they
really should have just paid it - but like I said I left in a huff and said some mean
things, so I might be a little mean as a woman sometimes it looks like.


No comments:

Post a Comment