Monday, August 13, 2012



Sunday I played a farmers market from 9:30 to noon, then my band
mate drove me to the next gig -we stopped for lunch and were playing
again at 3:45 to 6pm so I was starting to feel really tired by this point,
but I had $20.00 in my pocket and I'll get another $60 or so on Thursday,
so I'm pretty happy about that, but with four gigs in two days I worked
really hard for the money and I'm glad I'm not playing again today.
The place we played at Sunday afternoon had a really good steak sandwich,
and we chatted with the owner and had a free meal and unwound so it went
well, it was just really tiring playing that much -so that finishes my full-time-boy
all weekend story (and yes, including the #13 meal on Sunday morning
that's three high calorie meals on Sunday -the steak and egg bagel for
breakfast, pizza for lunch, and a steak sandwich for dinner -= I revert
to eating like a guy really easily)
 I'm sure now that I have some money I'm not going to be in boy mode next
weekend -I haven't seen a drag show in so long that it'll be fun to go out
and catch a show and have a couple beers
Because I had a twenty in my purse I stopped at the coffee house on the way
to classes and ordered a coffee and a bagel with cream cheese - $5.15
and went to class - we did some floor stripping and finishing in a restroom,
some classroom stuff then cleaned a conference room for the on-the-job
training portion of the day so a pretty easy day
I wore black jeans (size 16) black flats and a brown blouse -knowing
I would be doing the floor machine and all that I can't dress up in skirts
and heels for a while -but I still wear makeup and all that, I just can't
get too dolled up to clean floors and stuff, and of course as I get money
coming in I'll be able to start going out at night occasionally, and you can
be sure I'll wear something pretty for that -but as far as classes go -
I'm presenting as a woman, I've started hormones and that's amazing
and I just have to accept that that's enough right now - give it time-
the times they are a changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment