Saturday, August 25, 2012

I have some very exciting news - so last night I was backing up a friend
in a drag beauty pageant - me on my harmonica and the guitar player frend
from my band and we were downstairs in the dressing room warming up
for "La Bamba" and the hostess for next Saturdays show heard us and she
wants us to perform a couple songs in her show next Saturday -which
is very exciting.

The Drag contest was a lot of fun and my friend did extremely well and was
very beautiful and had some amazing gowns including a peacock outfit
which is totally eye catching and a gorgeous satin beaded pink gown, but
she didn't win, sigh and the girl who did almost fainted - so people take these
things really seriously.

I was joking with my guitar friend that I was a little hesitant about inviting
him to play backup for my  trans friend in a drag beauty pageant - because he's
not someone who's in any way involved in the whole LGBT culture and we've
never even discussed such things (except for me bringing up my trans/gay orientation)
but he seems to enjoy the newness and energy of the scene (he's played on stage
at Pride and now as a musician in a beauty contest - so it probably seems
all fun and exciting and a little glamorous )  - still it's kind of amazing and pretty
exciting that we'll be in a really  good drag next weekend playing our music and
I'll be in a dress (of course) - so I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment