Sunday, August 5, 2012



my little sister and her boy friend went to my church today and I was dressed up,
of course and she knew I would be in a skirt,but it was the first time she's seen me
dressed up - so that was interesting -but it went well I think
After the Service I went home and changed back into guy mode and took
my Father and Mother to the Arboretum and they went along and that felt
really odd (because they'd just seen me all dressed up and a couple hours
later I'm back in guy mode and it just felt a little odd)

The service itself was good and the sermon was in part about having a positive
attitude going into a job interview so I think many people, including myself
pay attention more when the sermon touches home like that  - it was
a really good sermon and afterwards I introduced my sister to a lot
of the trans people in attendance which is actually a lot of people -when I first
started attending church dressed up back in October it was just a handful of people,
now I introduced her to eight to ten people which, like I said is a lot of
trans people -and I know there were more people than that in attendance,
(trans people are probably more religious than the general population, and I
know in my case I put my last dollar in the offering plate this week and that's
supposed to be a demonstration of Faith that brings rewards - or alternatively
I'm better off putting it in the offering plate than I am buying something on the
dollar menu at McDonlalds -but I did put my last dollar in the plate, and I'm
broke again -I'm probably not the best example of a religious trans person
but I'm sorta-kinda maybe a little bit religious and I did put my last dollar
in the offering plate today, and not many actually religious people can say
they've shown as much faith as I did today, which is just a typical day really.

I wore a blue pencil skirt, a purple blouse and my black pumps (or tap heels
as I'm calling them now because I've worn away the plastic tip over the heel, and the
metal nail of the heel taps on the tile every time I step -tap, tap, tap......
obviously if I could afford new shoes I'd get them, but they're fine for walking,
unless you need to be quiet)
Class tomorrow and I need to leave early to try and get my immunizations,
so yuck...

No comments:

Post a Comment