Sunday, August 12, 2012



OK normally I don't post unless I dress up but I have a few minutes before
my morning farmers market gig and I actually have things that are worth noting,
so here goes -
today's weigh in was really good - I've now lost 15 pounds this year and
65 pounds from 2 years ago when I decided I needed to start my transition
so though it usually feels like I'm not making progress on the weight problem,
really I am but it's slow progress. still todays weigh made me happy = hopefully
it doesn't mean the batteries in the scale are going dead
The morning gig yesterday went well and a lady sat and chatted with us between
songs and it was fun - I was starting to feel a little drained on the second gig
and I was playing better, but the crowd at the bar was really thin so it was
kind of a long set, still it was OK and I'll make some money but my music
partner has to cash the checks (I don't have a bank account, so I can't
cash checks easily)
in addition to the money for playing that is tied up in uncashed checks we
made $6 in tips and split in two means $3 and I dug up $1.60 in change
and went to McDonalds and had a #13 super-high calorie meal before
my morning jog and weigh-in.  I really, really miss sitting down at a
restaurant (even a McD's ) one weekend morning and reading the paper ,
sipping on a coffee and eating a breakfast - hopefully I can start doing that
again on a regular basis, because like I said, I really miss it.
the other thing I really miss is flying of course, and I'm hoping to celebrate
my employment when (not if) I get a job in a month or so by taking a
flight at the St Paul CAF in a Ryan PT-22 -it would cost about $130
(which I know you can get a really pretty outfit for $130, but cut
me some slack here)


of course if I don't get a job right away I may have to wait until the Spring
because it is an open cockpit plane, but that's on my latest wish list
for late September.

Two gigs today and I should actually have some spending money
next week for a change which will be really nice

No comments:

Post a Comment