Saturday, June 23, 2012







So that is me and my table at the Dirty Queer show - I talked to about
10 to 15 people I guess -which is a lot for me - my throat is pretty sore from
that much talking.  The Art show was fun and they invited me back next year
I won't make any money  from showing-I really didn't expect to, but I'm so 
broke that I was kind of hoping I would and I could go out and party some 
night next  -Oh well, I met some new people and saw a couple friends there 
so it was worth it.  I didn't stay for the Performance part of the Dirty Queer
show, partly because I am really broke and partly because I have a cold 
and I want to be sharp tomorrow for my 11:30 am performance on the
Power to the People stage ( and the last picture is a picture of the stage
I am performing on tomorrow) 


I started the afternoon at Pride in Loring Park and walked around with a friend
which sort of became a group as we bumped into people we knew and 
again I probably talked to about 10 to 15 people, so it's no wonder my
throat is a little raw -I wore white capri's, black flats, and a really nice
reddish purple top, but as much as I wanted to wear some capri's,
I don't think I really pulled it off today -but I'll probably wear the same
outfit Monday when I go in for testing.


So  Sunday's the Big Event - I'm getting up on stage in my black dress
with the ankle high black boots with the 4" heels, I'll have the small
hip pads and a corset on underneath, I may go with false eyelashes,
I'll certainly go with bigger boobs, and I'm breaking out the studio set
of harmonicas (I keep a set of 12 unused harps -one in each key - in
case I ever get another call to go back in the studio with someone)
So I've practiced these songs a hundred times with the band, the only
difference, this time I'm in a dress. I can't believe I'm actually going to
do this - this is a major milestone


Oops! I almost forgot -top two photographs by Zoe



No comments:

Post a Comment