Wednesday, June 27, 2012



I'm  starting to get really nervous about appearing in Traffic Court
tomorrow - basically what happened I wound up misjudging
how close I was to a bus and tore off my rear view mirror.
No one was hurt and the bus wasn't even scratched but I
got a ticket for driving on an expired license only my license
wasn't expired, the state just hadn't gotten around to issuing it

here's the link to my poetic version of all the details of the accident:
http://transformative-honeymoons.blogspot.com/2012/03/drag-3-smash-my-dog-jumps-away-from.html

anyways I got a ticket for an expired license and I thought I could just
go down to courtroom meet with the court appointed person to look
at my case, and they'd see me documents and dismiss it - but when I did
that a few weeks ago she said that since I was involved in an accident
she couldn't even look at it -I had to go before a judge so I set up
a court date, dressed up in a pretty blue skirt and jacket and went to the
court and wound up having to present my evidence to the Prosecutor in
a closed room with no lawyer present and no judge -seriously this is the
literal truth -the judge handed his courtroom over to the prosecutor
here is the link to that experience (last Friday)

http://whosthenewgirl.blogspot.com/2012/06/i-went-to-traffic-court-today-oh-my-god.html

So in the end I signed up for a Public Defender (because this system is an
unbelievable Profiles in Nicompoops) and scheduled to go back to court
Friday at 8:30 - now as I said the Prosecutor already knows there is no
legal case against me -he's hoping I don't show up or that the Judge hates
me for being trans, or that he can provoke me to saying something stupid
by being really inconsiderate to me -

Anyways here are my facts just so that I 've gone over them before I go to
court in the morning:

My Driver's License was renewed on 11/23/10 and is currently valid
I have a DVS certified document (a legal document) to show this

however in April 2010 I received a speeding ticket in
Howard Lake, MN and was given the option of attending a
SMART class for $75.00 and it wouldn't appear in my records,
so why not -I attended the class and have the receipt to prove it.
I attended class on 5/4/10

Therefore on 9/22/10 I was notified that my driver's License was withdrawn
Howard Lake MN managed to "lose"the record of me attending
class -so they sent me a notice that my Drivers License were withdrawn
for failing to appear in court - I contacted the Howard Lake Prosecutor
and he apologized the first time for his office's error.

In November I went to renew my license and was told I couldn't because
it was revoked so I went back contacted the Prosecutor again and got
a letter form the Minnesota Dept of Public Safety stating that  the Order
from 10/22/2010 had been removed from my record as of 12/03/10
(I know the dates don't match but that just means they never contacted
me about the order they issued against me - which is not surprising)
 and it also stated my Minnesota Drivers License remains valid

So I contacted the drivers license people 5 or 6 times by phone went down
once before the accident and once after the accident but no one would
actually issue the license even though it was valid, I'd paid the fees, etc -
it was just the complete incompetence of a government agency in
full display. So I couldn't get them to issue me a license even though
my license was perfectly valid and this had gone on for over a year.

The day after the accident I called and they said of course my license is
vslid so I spent $9 on an unofficial transcript that shows my license
was valid the day after the accident at 8:59 in the morning
and then when I realized I was going to court I ordered the $11
certified legal copy that I can use in court (both of these required
30 mile drives to downtown St Paul )

now the Prosecutor has already seen this evidence and is still
going to court, making me get a Public Defender, and appear before
a Judge on an expired license charge - I admit I can't make a
government employee do the job they were paid to do and issue
me the license I paid for, but I went to extreme lengths to try and
coerce these employees to do their job and the records show my license
is valid and the Prosecutor knows this and that's what scares me

why if you know all this are you taking me to court?
I seriously think the Judge is going to throw me in jail for being trans
or at least that is what the Prosecutor is hoping, why else would
he go to court with this as evidence - to show off how incompetent
the system he is employed by is?


No comments:

Post a Comment