Friday, June 22, 2012



I went to Edina MN Traffic Court today - Oh my God - what a Circus
I show up as scheduled at 8:30am and apparently the Judge
got drunk the night before and couldn't make it to work ( well
It's a reasonable speculation if you'd seen this operation).
So I stood around in the hall outside the locked courthouse
in my blue dress skirt and jacket -looking very pretty I thought,
but anyways I stood around for about 15 minutes before they
unlocked the doors and 30 or 40 people streamed in and the
prosecutor decided to play "Let's Make a Deal!" with the studio
audience - seriously I never imagined anything like this -herding in
possibly 40 defendants and offering all of them reduced charges
without any regard to the nature of the offense, the facts of the case,
anything other than the luck of the draw that they showed up on the
day the judge decided to play hooky! and the Prosecutors desire to end run
the legal system and get a large number of convictions with out actually
bothering to do his job and look act the facts of the case -what a complete
abdication of professional responsibility and violation of all legal
ethics - Traffic Court is still court, and this was just bizzarre.


Anyways I turned down the prosecutor's offer to play "Let's Make a Deal"
with the studio audience and presented my documentation and he
made a point of calling me sir and mister and tried to scare me
with court costs and all that, but he knew I had the proper documentation
so all he could do was either do his job and drop the charges, or make
me set up another date (next Thursday, 8:30 am) and hope that I don't
show up and get a prosecution that way -what a jerk, but I signed
up for a public defender, and I'm going to get the cost of that waived
because I'm so poor - so I go back to court next Thursday with
all my documentation and worry about all the costs I have to pay if
I'm found guilty, but really there's no excuse for this type of
conduct in court - herding people into court with a prosecutor
in a closed room with no judge, with no public defender, just 
the prosecutor and the herd of defendants - in a closed room
is this a justice system in America? 


Seriously - I'm still in shock- I along with forty other innocent
Americans were told to report to the Edina courthouse to appear
before a judge and then in a classic "Bait and Switch" we were led
into a room and the doors were closed and we were left to fend
for ourselves without a Judge, without Lawyers, some people
without Interpreters -just forty innocent Americans forced to
present our cases before a prosecutor - this happened in 
America!  -I'm shocked


Anyways I had to take my mother over to see my father, so 
I'm back in boy mode -tomorrow I show my artwork at the 
Dirty Queer Show in the evening, and then hang out for 
the Queertopia and Dirty Queer Show performances so that
should be fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment