Saturday, June 16, 2012






I thought I was going to volunteer to perform at a carnival at my church
so I got all dressed up in my jean skirt, a nice blouse and pumps and
drove over with my dog and several slices of cheese - my dog is an
AKC Champion, trained in Agility, and performs a number of tricks
if you give her cheese -if you don't give her cheese, she just looks at you
like your an idiot.... I also brought my juggling equipment including
fire devil stick, two diabolos. regular clubs, fire clubs, lighted juggling
balls, fire juggling balls - and my dulcimer - so I was all set to perform,
but when I got there it turns out it was cancelled because of the rain
coming through the area - so I took the dog for a walk at a nearby
park, drove home and took off my skirt and makeup to get ready
for a pm gig I had with my band at a local co-op.  It kind of sucked
getting all pretty to drive that far just to walk the dog, and the park
was pretty empty so I could have been walking  around naked just
about, so that was a little frustrating but I got home in plenty of
time to take off my make-up and get ready for the gig, and when I
got there the co-op gave each of us a $10 gift certificate -so I can
use that of something taxable like nail polish or eyeliner, so that's
basically like a $10 bill

The gig itself went well and about 20 or 30 people sat and listened
and like it -we played for 50 minutes, did about 12 blues songs and
it went well -practice on Friday night then Sunday 11:30 at the
Power to the People stage at Pride I will be playing in drag
with my band  - they're all ready giving me a hard time about not
showing up in a dress for this gig, but I really wanted to wait for
Pride to be my on-stage coming out party  it's  exciting actually,
and I'm slightly nervous but it's too far away to get too worried,
but I've never performed on a real stage in front of a real audience
as part of a real band and wearing full make-up and a nice
dress and heels and everything - it's a big moment in my life actually.

But right now I'm in drab (boy mode) and I'm going to go see my Father
for a bit, then see about sitting with a guy I used to jam with at his gig
tonight in Excelsior

UPDATE: I drove out there but it was pretty crowded so there was
no place to park that was remotely close and I would have to lug
my amp and all that, and it looked like there was a cover - so it
was just too much of a hassle - I've played with this guy a number
of times in the past, and a couple were paying gigs but 95% weren't
and this one wasn't - he wasn't counting on me to show up (I said I might)
and honestly t's just not worth it, especially when I've all ready played an
hour this afternoon with my regular band - so it's one of those cases were you
can go back, but all you'll see is a parking lot where the building used to be.

Tomorrow I dress up and go to church then if the weather holds, I
may head over to Como park or use my free pass and go to the
Arboretum and maybe invite a friend for a stroll through the gardens.
UPDATE - she's too busy tomorrow afternoon, I may go alone anyways
then I'll take off the make-up go see my father, take my mother
for some shopping and get ready for class week #4 (the home
stretch for the Tier 1 class)

No comments:

Post a Comment