Saturday, May 19, 2012








I don't want to sound like I'm complaining today because I'm really not, and
I happen to be in guy mode today, and that is going to change soon, but
OK -I'm in guy mode today and I'm just going to bring some stuff up and
I'm really not complaining

I was going to go out to a Saturday morning jam today (I am a very
good blues harmonica musician) but  my dog got spayed yesterday and
I picked her up from the vet this morning and I don't want to leave her alone
just yet -so I'm going to have to miss the jam -like I said I'm not complaining
I just want to be with my girl and reassure her and let her settle in a bit.
for the next two weeks she's going to be restricted to a leash while her stitches
heal, and she's really not used to not being an active dog-so it'll be interesting

I got two tickets to the play "Amen Corner" at the Guthrie through my very
gay church at an incredible price ($2/ea) and I convinced my mom and dad
that they should see it (I've  already seen it with a trans woman friend of mine)
so at 11:30 I have to drive them to the play and then pick them up at 4:00
and so that will be my afternoon (I'm not seeing the play but I'll drop them
off and pick them up) -it's cool that they're doing this, but, yeh can I just
say between you and me -hush hush, mums the word -yeh it's a bit of
a pain in the ass- but seriously I really want them to go and have a good time
and I'm happy to do it -and like I said I really am not complaining, I just wanted
to get that out of my system -because it's rare that I get to do something for them
and it let's me spend some more time with my dog today.

I am going to then get dressed up in a skirt and makeup and all that and go
over to my church for a program with pizza and they're going to talk about
STD's and things like that, and ewww! but as a person who would like to be
intimate with a man, it is important to be aware of the risks and people like
myself are especially at risk -or at least will be at risk if some guy ever
gets serious about dating me, so that's at 6pm and rather than go out to
the Gay90's for the drag show and say hi to Cece, I'm just going to head
home, and call it a night

I sold a couple junker cars the other day so I actually have a little money
for a change, but I decided to have a dutch garden pancake breakfast this
morning ($15.00) and I really cant afford to spend another $15 to $20 tonight
Like I said I'm not complaining - I just really wanted the breakfast more than
a night out. I have a pilots license and I used to rent airplanes on the weekend
and fly around the area, or go to an FAA pilots training seminar held at Flying Cloud
airport (it was free) anyways before hand I'd go for the $15 breakfast (tip included)
drink lots of coffee, feel totally bloated and do my very macho pilot stuff-now I can't
afford $15 breakfasts but today I made an exception -and I probably sound very
boyish at this point -but I did give up some stuff to get to this point and sometimes
it's OK to look back a little a little wistfully - I mean I was flying planes, gliders, sea planes
working on my IFR, it was fun and I should be proud of myself for doing that

So I'm going to be dressed up for a couple hours today and I'll get dressed up for Church
tomorrow and I volunteered to help out with the community meal, then I am going to change
from slacks into a dress and go to a Museum meetup at the Landing -I'll tell you what the
Landing is tomorrow, then I'll probably go to a cookout in a park - a Tyson Trans day
of Celebration and asks a trans woman friend if she wants to come along so I will be
presenting as a woman pretty much all day Sunday

PS -so far I've had 3 page views - so feel free to say hi and leave a nice
comment

Becky on the Road is a song I wrote for my musical "Catfish Bones -
a love song to the Blues" I hired John Black to do the vocals and guitar
on this track and I think he did a wonderful job

*******************************************************************************
Transgender Support Groups in the Twin Cities that I'm aware of:

I just emailed a letter to a friend and I thought the information might be useful so I'm going to
redact a few things and post the email I sent her, about some of the trans support groups
I'm aware of:


Stacy here,

I did think of a couple of transgender groups you might try that would have more successful 
women and women who had been in transition longer

The City of the Lakes Crossgender Community meets at [ a gay bar] in St Paul
on [ I want to keep the time private] -this is where I went out in public for the first time and
I've told other people this is a good place for that-but very many of the people are
successfully living as women and just getting together once a month for a social
experience in the back room of a gay bar during a slow time - there isn't any therapy,
just chatting really but I've gone almost every month since October, so if you did
want to go it would be no problem to take you and I think it's a good group:


Willow Counseling in St Paul has a group:

the group meets once a month and at least what I saw the people entering the room 
everyone was full-time and pretty passable -[I deleted some private conversation]

[I mentioned a group I attend frequently affiliated with Tysn


[ I mentioned a Trans Support Ministry group led by June Remus at the All Gods
Children Church in Minneapolis -  I am proud to be a member of this MCC church and
this support group/transministry http://www.agcmcc.org/  ]

The U of M has some kind of program and I know a couple people who are in it, so I
could find out more about that program, but I personally have zero interest in the U of M.

I asked a friend [name redacted] if she knew anyone who could provide some legal advice, and
she got back to me last week with this, so you may want to keep this for future reference:

You can contact Lambda legal on the web. 
[then some conversation about my dog]
Stacy
********************************************************************************************************





No comments:

Post a Comment