Wednesday, May 23, 2012




I came out to my band about being trans - and now we're talking about our next gig
it sounds like we'll do a gig on Fathers day, and then one or two gigs at Pride
which is very exciting because a) I'm in a band with a bunch of straight guys who
want to play at Pride which says something good about my friends and b) that they
accept me as a person and a musician  even after I tell them I am trans, which is
very cool, and c) the next part of my uber-devious plan is to casually mention that
I want to  be in drag when  we perform on-stage at Pride - which is one of my more
hare-brained ideas, and I cant believe that I'm actually going to be up on stage with
a very good band playing the blues and wearing a dress - how many people can
say they;ve done that.  I talked to the person who runs the stage at Pride and she
mentioned a person we should get in touch with for more bookings, and so I'll
pass that along to our lead singer, but good things are happening musically.
I also may be selling my electronic drum kit -because I need money to get through
my current stretch but it  is good to line up a buyer who supports trans activities

I went to group and I got to give a pretty positive report -came out to my band,
and my retraining session starts Tuesday , and of course went to the play yesterday
so I'm smiling the whole time -why not? things are OK -knock on wood-

After group I stopped over at a girl friends and took her to the Walmart , then
went to her place and talked and had as couple beers and it was nice, we didn't
get the chance to talk much yesterday at the play, so yeh, we talked, sort of
watched a ?Julia Roberts movie and she cooked a snack for me, and I pet
her dog, so it was pretty relaxed but it was nice.

Tomorrow I get dressed up (you don't sound surprised) and go to therapy
if the weather is good I may head over to Como Park and then after 5
the Walker ( a modern art museum) is free, so I'll probably wear a skirt
and some boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment