Tuesday, October 2, 2012



I've interviewed a lot over the years and it's a pretty safe bet that if
you interview lasts 45 minutes or more you've got a real good shot
at getting hired, if it lasts less than 15 minutes, you don't have a chance
in Hell - my interview lasted 10 minutes, and they were rushing through
the interview questions so fast the two guys were stumbling over themselves
to get the interview over with - but I was polite and well qualified, and
there will be other interviews with other companies.

So, feeling a little bummed I was driving back home and because of road
construction I had to pass my former therapists office.  Now way back
about 2 years ago I went to a female gender therapist in St Paul who was
an absolute disaster, just hopelessly insensititive and incompentant and
after four sessions I terminated the sessions because they were making me
physically ill they were so bad.

several months later I decided I really needed a therapist and I went to one
who serves the gay and lesbian community and I liked her as a therapist but
I did not want to talk about any trans-related issues (which is sort of
the 500 pound gorilla in the room) so she was helpful, but I didn't
get as much out of it as if I'd been more honest, but I was coming off
a really bad experience, and was still trying to find some way to live
the rest of my life as a guy, albeit a gay guy, anyways I ran out of money
and had to stop seeing her, but I liked her as a therapist, not as much as
I really like my current psychiatrist but I liked her, and she helped me out,
so anyways I was detoured right past her office today, so I decided it
was Fate and stopped in and said hi, which was fun.

then I went to a half price book store and bought three books, each for
$2 - a book on aviation history, a book on drawing human anatomy,
and a healthy eating cookbook - so three books not one about gay
people or trans people or anything like that - Ignorance is bliss.
(I glanced at some books in the gay and trans section, they just
didn't seem that interesting -I'd love to read an interesting book
about trans people or gay people, and I know that trans people
and gay people are interesting, but the books about them aren't).

I texted a joke to a Romney supporting friend before my interview:
Q: What does a 52 year old man from Minneapolis call wearing
a black skirt, a purple blouse and high heels to job interview?
A: Dressing Conservatively.

well I thought I was dressed conservatively, and I looked nice.
I'm going to do the phone bank for the MNUnited campaign
tonight at my church (against the amendment to prohibit
same sex marriage)

Oh, the second picture is Swamp Dog, I took it of her yesterday
during our walk.

Update -I'm getting ready for my phone banking -so I'm double
dressing today (getting in makeup twice in one day) for the first
time in a very long time for a very obvious reason (it's a lot of
screwing around)  -I'm not sure what I'm going to wear but I
want to wear my platforms

My doctor emailed me that she's working on a prior authorization
to take care of the prescription issue -so for now, I wait........


No comments:

Post a Comment