Monday, October 1, 2012



I didn't want to wear a lot of makeup to the interview, but I wore
foundation, eyeliner, mascara and lipstick and I did my nails, and of
course I was wearing a dark purple blouse, black skirt and black
pumps.  I took this picture in the conference room while I was waiting
(only a minute or two).

The interview was with a recruiter and so partly it was just a chance to
see me and do a face to face after they'd checked my references, and
partly I brought it on myself by mentioning over the phone that I
would be wearing a skirt (I won't go into my reasoning -but basically,
since the recruiter hasn't seen me and is sending me in to see someone
from another company -I had previously decided to tell her I was trans
over the phone ( I have a pretty male voice, use a male name and some
of my references have never seen me as a woman -so the possibility of
not realizing I am trans is very high) )

So I met really briefly and found out the position is contract for several months
(by which time the company will either hire me or I will have changed my gender
marker to female, my name to Stacy, and I will be living as a woman and looking
for work as a female engineer with actual experience so my prospects could be
pretty good in that situation - actually both me and the recruiter think the
position I am going for is an ideal position ( and being a technical position in
an office I could wear skirts and heels every day - which would be really
fun and terribly expensive) there is also health care after 60 days.

The interview went extremely well and they're going to pass my name
along, and they think it's an excellent match (the company does hire trans
people too)   -so I'm pretty excited about this

I have a job interview in the morning Tuesday and then I have a test for
a city position on Wednesday night -so I'm hoping I can keep busy with
the job search now that I've started it for real.

I was joking before I went on first interview with a couple guys about
how I'd dreamed my entire life about going on an interview in a skirt,
and now that I've done it a couple times -I don't know if it's all that exciting,
but getting the job - oh my that's very exciting if I can get that.

PS -I've got half my prescription and I took that today,
but I'm still "up in the air" on the other half - hopefully soon,
but going off hormones yesterday was psycollogically kind of
creepy actually - I mean I struggled so much with the decision
and am totally committed now and to just stop cold turkey like
that was really not how I want to proceed - patience, patience,
and keep bugging everyone until it's resolved.....

No comments:

Post a Comment