Saturday, October 13, 2012

for folks in the Minneapolis area - I went to production of 
the Mixed Blood Theaters "Next to Normal" -and because of 
their Radical Hospitality program it is free -and very well done.
The play is a serious musical about a woman with bipolar disorder
(and other issues, at one point she attempts suicide in the play)
It is really well written, and the right mix of not too simplistic or
superficial and not too serious and dreary -it's really quite good
and a lot more moving than I was expecting - or as I proudly told 
a trans friend who met me at the play -"it was really a lot more powerful,
than I was expecting, but I didn't cry...at least my mascara didn't run" 
and her response "Thank God for waterproof mascara" - 
anyways, it's really good and like I said its free
(if you have the money of course you should buy tickets,
but if you don't, it's totally free, no questions asked)

here's the link:

Oh, I wore a black skirt, the purple velvet top and black pumps,
and walking the brick pathway to the entrance is it's own
adventure in heels

No comments:

Post a Comment