Sunday, October 14, 2012


Go Vikes!  it's a late game so its 3-0 Vikes now early in the 1st quarter.  
So my weekly Sunday post  - Church was fun - I was in the choir again,
and afterwards the Trans group had a professional make-up guy come
in and give some makeup pointers (including some free samples and 
brushes, so that was fun) afterwards I changed back to boy mode
and jogged my three miles with my very lazy dog  (who did not jog
with me but she did play with the other dogs) 
So far I don't have any interviews scheduled next week - and nobody
seems terribly interested in my job hunting as a woman, so I won't
bore you, but the top picture is what I wore when my recruiter 
suggested I wear slacks to an interview which will probably
lead to a second interview next week (6 - 0 Vikes!) so something
like that is not at all masculine -but it was considered very appropriate
for a business interview (Viking interception!) 

The biggest thing I've noticed is nobody talks about me presenting as a woman,
and so you have to be prepared for presenting yourself as a person who is 
qualified for the job, because you will spend exactly 0 seconds talking about 
being trans -literally it's not mentioned and if they don't bring it up, you 
don't bring it up -not if you want the job (Vikes 9 -0!)
The second picture is my rather humorous results for the pop cultural
Cogiati test - I do think a lot like a woman but I'm not that effeminate 
by a long shot.

My church is celebrating 44 years and as the pastor tells it the founder
after being thrown out of two churches for being gay, tried to commit suicide 
and failed.  A neighbor told him obviously God isn't finished with you, now you 
can either sit around feeling sorry for yourself, or figure out what it is God wants
you to do

When I was much younger, I made a personal oath to God that I wouldn't 
kill myself  before I was 50, but then all bet's were off if I wasn't a woman by then - 
I turned 50 a couple years ago, and staring at 50  as a 280 pound severely depressed
man I knew I had to try and transition even though I knew it was impossible and I 
didn't have a clue how to go about it and I just wasn't ready (and the truth is you 
will always be not ready) -anyways it wasn't impossible, and it it's been a lot better 
than I thought it'd be by a long shot (Vikes 9 -3) and I do genuinely believe that for 
whatever reason this is what God intended me to do
PS - Go Vikes, 

Update -to quote ET -"ouch!"



No comments:

Post a Comment