Friday, October 5, 2012

I followed my recruiters advice and  am wearing slacks, not
a skirt to the interview -right now  I'm letting my nails dry
as  I type  -so I'm  wearing  size 14 black slacks  with lighter
grey stripes,   a dark  purple blouse  and black pumps  -
I  used pink  lipstick  instead  of a red, and  grey eyeliner
instead  of black -  I  have  1.5 hours until the interview starts.

yeh,  I'm  a little nervous


Update  -  the  interview went very well, there could be a
second interview next week, even as early as Monday
(I hope)

Otherwise   I'm  back in drab to  take  my  mother  to  the doctors
for a  routine  visit,  and I'm not  planning on dressing Saturday  (sigh
all  alone on a Saturday night,  sigh)
Of course I'll be dressed Sunday for church

I got add this, I just sent this Bio to my music partner - I redacted some
information but I think it's kind of cool and kind of funny:

[my legal name] was born in  Chicago and started learning  Blues harmonica
with Joe Filisko.a recognized harmonica master. In  2001, G____ received a  
$7,000 Fellowship from the State of  Illinois for playwriting, and used the money
 to 
"get the Hell out of Illinois".  Moving to Minneapolis, G____ continued


studies with Clint Hoover, another recognized  harmonica master.  
G____ recorded with "Little Bobby and Storm" as the solo artist on the song 
"Worried" off Little Bobby's first CD and played 12 blues festivals with him, 
including the Fargo Blues Fest, the Winter Fargo Blues Fest, The Last Ride Blues Festival,. 
and the prestigious Upper Mississippi Valley Blues Fest (this performance was 
rebroadcast on the Beale Street Caravan radio show).  G____ recent performances
include a half hour set in drag with Blues Afternoon at the Minneapolis Pride festival, 
and several performances with P____ D____(not in drag, well, most of the time). 
In Addition to playing harmonica for fun, G____ has written a Blues Musical, called 
"Catfish Bones, a Love Song to the Blues" G___ thinks referring to himself as G____ is 
really pompous, but G____ does it anyways.

and as a political thought -Obama pledged to take out Osama Bin Laden 
and Mitt Romney pledged to take out Big Bird





No comments:

Post a Comment