Thursday, October 25, 2012

I got a job! I am really, really happy right
now and very relieved.  This was for a position
I interviewed for late last week and she called me 
back and offered me the job and of course I said
"yes! thank you."  

So I will doing maintenance and working 25 hours
per week part-time, but with my desire to pursue my 
musical career (such as it is) and at least a little bit helping
my parents out and taking care of my dog,  part-time is
totally cool - I'll still have some free time and as poor as I've 
been I'll feel as rich as Romney when I cash my first check
as Stacy.  

As a place of employment it is really amazing - even though
I haven't changed my name or gender marker yet, they are
going to introduce me as Stacy and refer to me as she 
and then later on I'll go to court and get the legal name change
and gender marker changed and all that and get a bank account in
my name (Stacy) and file my taxes next year as a woman -the whole 
thing is kind of staggering 

so yeah, I don't know what to say - I'm really happy
it's been really scary looking for a job as a transwoman,
and as much as you try to tell yourself it's not impossible,
it really did seem like it was totally impossible sometimes -
a lot of times actually,

until you get a job of course - then you can look back and say 
of course you can do it - I did.  :)

so I got a job!

OK honestly this really is my last post -I've been blogging  
about before I even wore a dress in years on my first blog
"Transformative Honeymoons", then a year ago in October
I went out in public for the first time and I wrote about that
and pretty much every subsequent time I've gone out dressed
as a woman, up until the time I started school (dressed as 
woman) for maintenance training and then every time I
applied for a job (always dressed as a woman) in
this blog "Who's the New Girl?" and now I finally
got a job and it's kind of amazing that I did this,
and I'm sort of glad that I did document my 
experiences so completely and as it happened
because it is a very detailed record of my transition.

but really I'm not writing a blog about being a woman 
going to work putting on her makeup and going to work 
five days a week - I mean  I'm the same as anybody else 
now - I get up and go to work and live my life, 
and try to be happy :)

Good bye, This time  I mean it

Take Care

Stacy 





No comments:

Post a Comment