Saturday, October 6, 2012


I think the  next time I hear "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam
and Steve!" argument I'm coming back with "Yes but Jesus never
got married and slept with men" - which is completely factual,
and every bit as idiotic as her statement.

anyways I'm in drab today (ie dressed as a guy) - but I got to
thinking about the first dress I ever had - a size 12, paisley print
thing, that was stored in a box in the crawl space of my parents home.
I stumbled upon it accidentaly obviously:


it had rhinestones sewn in which I totally hated and spent a lot of time taking
those off, but at the time I first stumbled upon it - I remember the total thrill
as my pulse raced and my heart was pounding in my head -I immediately
went to the bathroom to try it on and it fit,  and I felt wonderful, this was in
early  October, add I was so excited and so overwhelmed by it all that I almost
did  put the dress on and go  out for Halloween that year (if I had a wig too, I'm
sure I would have) but in the end I chickened out -one, two or three years later
I remember actually taking a black skirt, a green pullover and panty hose in a brown
bag, boarding the train to Chicago and getting off (at Montrose?) finding a secluded
spot putting on the skirt and all (I was wearing tennis shoes -yuck) and walking
around a city block - a number of cars passed me and I walked past three guys
who initial reaction wasn't negative but one of them looked at my crotch area
which was erect and said "Oh gross" or something like that as they walked by,
so that horrible and I got back to where I'd left my clothes and changed back
into guy clothes and a minute or two later a squad car was driving by and at that
time one could get arrested for cross dressing in public, and I've always felt that
had I stayed dress a minute or two longer my life would have changed for ever
as a result of that arrest.  Anyways I remember the song My little town" by
Paul Simon had just come out and I really loved the lyrics and was singing the
lyrics in my head as I walked down the street :

In my little town 
I grew up believing 
God keeps his eye on us all 
And he used to lean upon me 
As I pledged allegiance to the wall 
Lord I recall my little town 
Coming home after school 
Riding my bike past the gates of the factories 
My mom doing the laundry 
Hanging out shirts in the dirty breeze 
And after it rains there's a rainbow 
And all of the colors are black 
It's not that the colors aren't there 
It's just imagination they lack 
Everything's the same back in my little town 

In my little town I never meant nothing 
I was just my father's son 
Saving my money 
Dreamin of glory 
Twitching like a finger on a trigger of a gun 

Nothing but the dead and dying back in my little town 
Nothing but the dead and dying back in my little town 
Nothing but the dead and dying back in my little town

so I Google, it and it's a 1975 song -which means I was 16

at the time, which means I was probably 13 or 14 when
I was wearing my first dress, but I had been wearing slips 
and pantyhose for several years before that -that was what
was so exciting about the dress -you can't wear a slip and
pantyhose out in public - but a dress I could actually see
myself going out in public as a woman, and that was really
exciting to me -so going back it was a long, long time between
the time I first put on a slip and the time I first wore a dress,
but it's hard to believe it was five years, it was certainly long
before my first male emission, several years before that
(because I was wearing a slip when that happened  spontaneously
So I've said I was 9 the  first time I wore woman's  clothing,
but actually I was probably 10 or 11.  Now I do remember 
sitting in the bathroom in a black slip and pantyhose reading
the Last Whole Earth Catalog (which was published is the
spring of 1971) and I would have been dressing for some 
time then -so that would again back that I was dressing in 1971/72
(when I was 12, but had been doing so for some time) so
I'm thinking it was 1969/1970, and I was 10 years old when I first started
dressing and wanting to be a woman - forty two years ago, wow
it just seems like forever

No comments:

Post a Comment